Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Out from Under the Dark

Whoa....the past couple of days have included sunshine and blue skies, and I just don't know what to say. I guess what artists do when they don't know what to say is.....paint, make music, write, skulpt, etc.  This kind of weather, at the end of January, just lightens my heart and makes me want to throw YELLOW paint everywhere. I have been up in the mountains alot in January and parts of December (2011), and the white snow has blocked out most colors and given my eyes and mind a needed boost of light. Now, I think I am seriously needing some color to go along with that light. Blue sky is nice....pink sunsets are nicer.  Hoping for some more days like this so I can actually lighten my palette and paint colors. Dark blue is getting sooooo heavy.  White.....with some traces of color...............or pure color with some traces of white.........Sunshine does wonderful things for us. Off for a walk and a trip in to the studio afterwards.

No comments: