Friday, January 20, 2017

The  LOST MONTHS….

Where the heck did the time disappear to? I can't fantom that January is nearly…February, and I haven't aired a word on this blog since before my last exhibit.  Shame on me. I have updated a little on Facebook, so that was SOMETHING. I guess I had so little to say, what with Christmas, my broken ankle and crutches ruining my painting time.  The ankle got broken on the 18th of December, so Christmas turned out "different". I usually put off taking down the tree and putting away the other decorations, but this last Christmas, I just wanted to forget. The tree was down day after New Years…ditto with anything that looked "Christmasssey" around the house. Felt very good. Now, even after having returned to Bergen, I have only had one day at the studio so far in January. Talk about cabin fever….I took advantage of a relatively not-so-wet day to crutch my way over to the studio, up 5 flights of stairs, and plopped myself down at my desk and it felt sooooo good. The work that I left in December was starring at me from the walls like a puppy dog wanting to go for a walk….???????? I need time to think, and time to write in order to get my head back in this space for creating again. That is sometimes so easy…..Boom…..can immediately see where I went wrong on a painting right away after a little break. This time, I will have to use some time doing preliminary preparations. By the way, a light in the tunnel is one sold painting from the group exhibit now going on in January at our Lille Atelier gallery in Bergen. (!!!!!YES!!!)  Hopefully I'll jump into the ring again here next week and for sure when I get the cast off 6 February, I will be like a wanderer in the desert who has run out of water, but finally found it…….I can not survive without the elixir of life….creativity-in my way.


No comments: