Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ahhhhh, Thanksgiving over, and the lull before the storm has set in. For some reason or other I woke up this morning thinking that....wow, now there's nothing on the agenda for a long time except painting and more painting. Then reality crept in and I realized that if I want to relax about Christmas, I had better get a few things done and out of the way a.s.a.p. At least we have a family internal agreement that we are allowed 1 present each and THAT'S IT! It's those Christmas cards that are gnawing at the back of my brain...oh well, Anyway, have been making headway on some paintings that I have been halfway into, but set aside a few months ago. Also, I have two rather large canvases that I have splashed (literally) paint all over, and am searching for direction with. Monday it's dive-in time. I have 11 paintings hanging in a hair salon here in Bergen, owned by a good friend of mine. It would be wonderful to get some more exposure for them, rather than them sitting in my studio, so I am investigating many more avenues for getting them out there. Will be having my yearly exhibit at Lille Atelier in August, 2010. It feels good to have that decided, cause I work best with an exhibit on the horizon. The days are short, and getting shorter by the hour, but it's less than 1 month til the winter solstice now. I see that some of my neighbors have put up outdoor Christmas lights already, so I guess that means that I can't ignore it any longer. Going to bed....maybe I'll dream of Barbados.......

No comments: