Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Getting back into the studio is proving to be a challenge post-exhibit. I had foot surgery (no big deal) right after the closing day, recovery for about 2 weeks, and am just now feeling that it's time to begin with all of those already-started paintings that I have lost momentum on since August. Although I know where I am intending to go with them, it's all about getting serious and saying NO to the distractions that will always show up and side track you.
The weather here in Norway has taken a turn for the BETTER (not good, just BETTER) in the last week. The sun is now setting at about 19:30 (7 p.m.), which is WAY to early, but the sunsets that we have been able to witness lately are fabulous. We're on our way into the fall/winter darkness, and that definitely takes some psyching up to get through. I have dragged out my light therapy lights, and have already used one of them.  As long as the sun shows itself often, I don't care about the outside temperature.


Painting....it saves me this time of year. When the trees drop their leaves, and the mountains get even more grey, the flowers disappear and the sea fog rolls in, color, from tubes and containers of paint, keeps me enthusiastic about getting up in the morning. I have my direction staked out in paintings already begun.  No more Mrs. Niceguy......it YES only to the work.

No comments: